100% Charged

chargedA musician who checks his gear before walking out the door to make sure he has everything for the gig is 100% charged.

A pilot who checks his flight plan before taking off is 100% charged.

You’re getting ready to make a presentation. You pause long enough to check your notes, ensure you have enough handouts – you make sure you’re 100% charged.

I was looking at my phone this morning and I saw that I was 100% charged and it struck me how that dynamic can hypothetically be applied to several situations.

On the most profound level, you’ve got the idea of being 100% charged spiritually.

That’s the thing about morning devos. Often that practice is presented as a discipline and it is. It’s not always convenient and, frankly, it doesn’t resonate as especially practical when compared to the need to get out the door on time.
But if Ephesians 6:12 is true, as far as the dynamics which stand in the way of our having a quality day are spiritual in nature, then there’s more to spending time with Christ than simply checking off a less-than-necessary task from our to do list.

Kicking things off by recalling that God’s in charge (Rev 4:11), that whatever happens today has a Divine dynamic attached to it (Ps 139:16) and the thing that will determine the difference between good and great is a perspective rooted in the Reality of God’s Purpose (Phil 2:11), Peace (Is 41:10) and Power (Acts 1:8; Col 1:29) – that’s a mindset truly prepared to knock it out of the park, regardless of the circumstances its confronted with.

Let me get that in place by sitting at the feet of my King for a little bit. Now I’m 100% charged!

0 replies

Leave a Reply

Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!

Leave a Reply